TMA Bucks announced during Air Quality Awareness Week that it will display Air Quality Ozone Action Day alerts on a digital display monitor at its Transit Commuter Store at the Neshaminy Interplex in Trevose, Bucks County.
“With many people stopping by our office each day to purchase SEPTA passes or for trip planning assistance, this is a great way for us to get the word out and increase awareness of the Delaware Valley’s air quality problem and educate businesses and the general public on steps to take to reduce smog-forming pollutants,” said TMA Bucks acting executive director Steve Noll.
TMA Bucks is always looking for businesses and organizations in Bucks County that want to become Air Quality partners and share tips with employees or residents to reduce air pollution and protect their health from air pollution.
If you are interested in becoming an Air Quality Partner of the TMA please contact our Transit Services Coordinator Brandon Shaw at 215-244-9084 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no cost to participate and all materials are supplied to you. The TMA simply asks that your organization:
- Appoint an individual to receive daily air quality forecasts via e-mail
- Alert employees/residents when air quality is forecast to be unhealthy (Air Quality Action Days)
- Share with employees/residents tips to reduce air pollution and protect their health from air pollution
Some tips and actions to protect air quality and to reduce air pollution include:
- Take transit like SEPTA or carpool.
- Don’t top off your gas tank. Spillage adds two tons of pollution to the air each day.
- Refuel your vehicle in the evening.. Ozone levels are highest in mid- to late-afternoon.
- Combine errands and other trips with your daily commute to save time, money, and the environment.
- Maintain your car! A properly running vehicle emits less pollution and saves gas. You can improve gas mileage up to 3% by properly inflating your tires. You can also improve gas mileage by as much as 1-2% by getting regular oil changes.