At 12:00 midnight on October 31, 2016 the contract between SEPTA and the Transport Workers Union Local 234 expired. SEPTA City Transit service is now suspended and its alternate service plan will be in effect until further notice.
For travel within the city of Philadelphia, the only service option is Regional Rail so it is important to look at the Service Interruption Guide to see if your travel needs can be accommodated.
In Bucks County, all SEPTA Regional Rail & 100-series bus routes will continue to run on modified schedules. Full details HERE.
What SEPTA Service Will Run?
- Regional Rail: Train service will be the only option for travel in and around Philadelphia
- Norristown High Speed Line
- Suburban Bus, Trolley Routes 101 & 102
- LUCY (Loop through University City), Route 310 (Horsham Breeze), Routes 204, 205, and Cornwells Heights Parking Shuttle
- CCT Connect: Regular service will operate for, registered ADA and Shared Ride customers. There may be some delays due to increased demand and local street traffic
What SEPTA Service Will Not Run?
- City Bus Routes (This includes Route 78, Cornwells Heights to Center City Express)
- Market Frankford Line
- Broad Street & Broad Ridge Spur Lines
- Trolley Routes 10, 11, 13, 15, 34, and 36