SEPTA Owl Link is a new on-demand service launching on May 10, 2021. The service will provide access to an increasing number of late shift job opportunities in lower Bucks County.
This service connects employment locations throughout lower Bucks County to and from three key bus loops/stops that currently operate on the owl network: Torresdale-Cottman Bus Loop (Route 56), City Line Bus Loop (Route 66), Horizon Blvd (Route 14).
Owl Link will pilot microtransit as a new service mode at SEPTA. It’s a new technology-enabled shared transportation that relies on software to request, schedule, and dynamically dispatch transit service to areas where fixed route transit may not be cost effective.
- Supports the regional economy by ensuring businesses in lower Bucks County have access to a qualified workforce for all shifts.
- Improves equity and economic inclusion by expanding transit access to job opportunities across the metro Philadelphia region.
- Innovates SEPTA’s delivery of service by providing microtransit to an area that would be difficult to effectively serve overnight with fixed route bus service.
- Supports transit ridership growth by providing high quality service to destinations that currently don’t have overnight coverage and feeding these new riders into SEPTA’s fixed route network.
- SEPTA Owl Link will operate 10:30pm – 6:00am, seven days a week starting 5/10/2021.
- Service will begin with two vehicles routed dynamically to pick-up and drop-off locations based on rider requests for that evening.
- Riders can connect to/from the Owl Network in lower Bucks County and access late shift employment locations throughout the service zone.
Information For Riders
- Trips on SEPTA Owl Link are free for riders that show a SEPTA Key Card at boarding.
- Riders can book trips by:
1. Downloading the SEPTA Owl Link app in the Google Play or iOS stores beginning in early May.
2. Calling SEPTA CCT reservations at 215-580-7114 once service begins.
- All trips must be booked at least 30 minutes in advance and up to 7-days in advance.
- All trips must begin or terminate at one of the bus loops / stops listed above and connect to a late job location in the zone.